The Orlando experience is an unforgettable one for anyone, particularly for the whole family. Whether you’re with small children, your grandparents, or even a pet, this destination has something for everyone. Check out these ideas to make your next vacation in Orlando a memorable one!
If you are getting ready to plan your next vacation, be sure to check out my recommended Travel Products! These products can help make the planning process easier for you!
Things To Do In Orlando For A Family Vacation
There are so many fun things to do in Orlando for a family vacation, and we’ve gathered some of our favorite ideas below! Whether you’re looking for things to do on the ground or in the air, there’s something for everyone here.
- Hop on a Disney World ride: Mickey’s PhilharMagic is a great way to start your day at Magic Kingdom Park, and Epcot has plenty of attractions for all ages. If you’re looking for something more grown-up, take a ride on The Swamp buggy at Universal Orlando Resort or jump out of an airplane at Skydive International Orange County.
- Visit theme parks: We can’t forget about the world’s most famous theme park! Disney World, Universal Orlando Resort, and SeaWorld Orlando offer hours-long queues with plenty of excitement for the whole family. If you’re looking for a little less pressure, check out Busch Gardens Tampa Bay or LEGOLAND Florida.
- Dine at local restaurants: No trip to Orlando is complete without some good ol’ Southern cooking! Head to Mama Rosa’s in Kissimmee for Cuban food or Saltgrass Steakhouse in University Park for delicious steakhouse fare. In addition to a rotating menu of antiques and collectibles, there’s live music, a sweet patio, and some great drinks.
- Take a shopping break at the Orange Blossom Trail in Disney Springs: It’s a one-of-a-kind outdoor mall with more than 100 shops and restaurants. You’ll find everything from hand-painted prints to artisan cheeses, incredible ice cream, and mouthwatering cupcakes. You can even take a dip in the OBT River.
There are plenty of other things to do in Orlando besides the theme parks, so be sure to visit during different seasons and check out a few suggestions!
Tours Offered in the Orlando Area
One great way to spend a family vacation in Orlando is by taking a guided tour. There are many different tours to choose from, so you can find the perfect one for your group. Some popular tours include:
- The Magic Kingdom- This tour takes visitors on a behind-the-scenes look at some of the classic attractions at The Magic Kingdom. It includes a ride on Cinderella’s Castle and a stop at the Liberty Square Theater, where guests can watch classic Disney movies on large-screen TVs.
- Universal Studios Florida- This is one of the most popular tours in Orlando, and for good reason. The tour takes visitors through all of Universal Studios’ iconic rides, including Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey, Jurassic Park, and The Simpsons Ride.
- Orlando Nightlife- If you’re looking to party all night long, then take a nightlife tour. These tours will take you to some of Orlando’s most popular clubs and bars, giving you an insider’s look at what it’s like to party on vacation.
- River Boat Tours- Orlando, like many cities in Florida, has a ton of rivers. The tours that take you down these rivers include the Kissimmee River and the St. Johns River. The boats are very cool and offer great views of the river banks as well as areas around town.
- Music Cruise- If you want to enjoy a cruise that offers an amazing view of downtown Orlando, then this may be your thing. The boat is called the ‘Orlando Magic’ and is owned by the Orlando Magic basketball team. It’s a great way to get to know downtown Orlando as well as see some of the spots that are associated with the team. There are restaurants not shown on this map!
Great Food Options in Orlando, Florida
If you’re looking for a family-friendly vacation destination, look no further than Orlando, Florida! With plenty of options for food and activities, you can easily spend your days exploring the area and nights enjoying some delicious eats. Here are a few ideas to get you started:
- Head to Universal Studios Florida for some classic Hollywood amusement park fun. The parks offer rides, shows, and restaurants galore, so there’s something for everyone in your clan.
- Take a trip to Disney World! This legendary theme park is filled with exciting rides, beautiful scenery, and mouth-watering restaurants that will have kids (and adults) singing along with the tunes.
- Head to SeaWorld Orlando for an immersive experience with some of the world’s friendliest marine mammals. You’ll be able to see dolphins, whales, and other creatures up close while exploring unique themed areas like Shamu’s Lagoon and Wild Arctic.
- Finally, don’t forget about Downtown Disney! This trendy shopping district is packed with restaurants, shops, and entertainment options perfect for the whole family. You’ll never run out of things to do here!
What You Need to Know for a Trip to Disney
A family vacation to Disney World can be a lot of fun, but it’s important to have the right information before you go. Here are some tips for a successful Disney World trip:
- Planning is key – get an early start on your planning, and you’ll have less stress when you arrive. Make a list of what you need and what you’d like to do, and then start building out your schedule.
- Minimize your packing – Disney World has everything from character meals to shopping to rides, so save space by packing lightly. Bring only the essentials – clothes that you can move around in, your camera, and money for souvenirs if you decide to buy any.
- Make use of transportation – Disney World is huge, so transportation between different areas can be a hassle. Consider renting a car or using public transportation to cut down on headaches.
- Have fun! – The key to a successful Disney World trip is having fun! Relax and enjoy yourself, and don’t stress about anything – the magic will take care of the rest.
With so many amazing places to visit in Orlando, it can be hard to choose just one. But don’t worry – we have some fun ideas for a family vacation that will fit any budget. Whether you want to pack your bags and explore both the theme parks and the surrounding area or stay put and enjoy all of the attractions within the city limits, we have got you covered! So what are you waiting for? Get planning!